Our ambitious intent
We want every student to develop knowledge, skills and character that will prepare them for their next steps, through a rich, purposefully designed curriculum.
Co-op Academy Walkden will ensure that every member of the school community is supported and valued.
We will celebrate success in every aspect of school life.
A curriculum which supports the aims and ethos of the school
- Providing equity of opportunity for all students to learn and to succeed together
- Promoting students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and preparing all students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life
- Ensuring that equality of opportunity in access to the curriculum is an entitlement
- Ensuring that extra-curricular activities play an important part in school life
- Providing students with every opportunity to be happy and successful learners and show they care
- Building on students’ strengths, interests and experiences both inside and outside school
- Helping students to develop their knowledge within and across subject disciplines
- Ensuring that important skills are embedded in the curriculum for all subjects, using a wide range of practical, theoretical and creative learning opportunities.
Students at Co-op Academy Walkden are extremely well prepared for the next stage in their education, employment or training. 97.2% of Year 11 2019 leavers met the duty to participate in learning