Lunches and Payments
We pride ourselves in serving the best meals possible to our students, offering them the best value for money around. The average cost of a two course meal is £2.20.
Co-op Academy Walkden offers:
- A freshly-made two-course lunch every day,
- Choose from a meal deal option consisting of a main meal, drink and either fresh fruit or
- A weekly menu with a variety of food types including European, Indian, Mexican, Chinese, Italian or Spanish dishes.
In addition to the standard menus SPIE Catering offer additional choices such as deli style salad bar, baguettes, sandwiches, wraps, soup, noodle / pasta bar and jacket potatoes.
Pupils may pay for their school meal on the day. We have a cashless system using smart cards and payments can also be
made by using Parentpay.
Parents and carers are asked to use Parent Pay www.parentpay.com to top up their child’s lunch account. Parent Pay also lets you monitor what your child is spending their money on. As well as the website, there is an option to top up at local Pay Point shops.
If your child is entitled to free school meals their account will automatically topped up.
- We aim to have all are suppliers locally based
- All meat and poultry meets the UK welfare standards with full traceability. This means we know the farms where meat and poultry has been bred and reared.
- All eggs are free range to comply with the Good Egg Award”