Our academy is a secondary school for ages 11-16. We are a comprehensive school. We accept applications from all young people who live in our local community.
We follow Salford City Council’s admissions code and are able to admit 300 pupils per year group.
To make an application you should:
- Read the Secondary School Admission Policy from Salford Council 2020-21
- Complete the admissions application form online. If you have any problems, please contact the School Admissions team.
- Salford City Council School Admissions Team will contact you.
If we receive more applications than we have places, we will look at each application against our admissions policy. If you wish to appeal, please see our admissions policy for information.
For further information about admissions to the academy please contact the academy reception on 0161 975 8000.
How we will deal with applications from every age group
All applications to Co-op Academy Walkden are made through Salford Admissions Authority.
- For parents seeking a place for the start of Year 7 in September: applications should be made to Salford Admissions before the end of the preceding October. This process remains open until December after students have started in Year 7. From January, any applications to any year groups are made following the In Year Applications process.
- For parents seeking a place in Year 7 after December, or for any other year group: applications can be made to Salford Admissions Authority at any point in the year through the In Year Applications process. Complex cases are identified during this process and are reviewed at a monthly panel before being allocated.
What parents should do if they want to apply to send a child to Walkden
We invite all prospective parents to arrange to come and see us on a normal working day by emailing joshua.mangas@coopacademies.
Our oversubscription criteria – How we make decisions about who is given a place if we are oversubscribed
All places are allocated by Salford Admissions Authority using the following order of priority.
- Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children
- Children adopted from outside of England
- Children in Need, as defined by the Children’s Act (1989)
- Children with siblings currently attending Coop Academy Walkden in Years 7-10
- Children living nearest the academy
Full details can be found in the Salford Admissions Authority policy.
Come and Visit our Academy
If you are thinking about our academy as your child’s secondary school, we suggest you visit the academy.
We usually hold an Open Evening in the autumn in which you will be able to see our facilities and meet our staff and students.
The Open Evening date for 2020 is TBC due to the current public health situation. We will publish more information nearer to the time.
We have an open school policy. If you wish to tour around, with or without your child, you can book an appointment with Mr Mangas.
Should you have any other enquiries, please contact us at the academy:
- 0161 850 1625
Please find full information on how to appeal here
Please find the Secondary Appeals Schedule – May 2020 here