Design our Christmas card
Every year we send a Christmas card to community members; it shows that we care about them. Working in partnership with our local community allows us to succeed together. This makes Walkden and our Academy a better place for all.
This year, we want our Co-op Academy Walkden Christmas card to be designed by our students.
Over the next few weeks, Year 7 – 11 will be set the design challenge. The challenge will be set via Google Classroom as part of their homework. The challenge is open to all students in all year groups.
The deadline for entries is Wednesday 4th November 2020.
Here is what they need to know about our Christmas card challenge.
Creative Christmas Card Brief
- Open to all year groups – Year 7 – 11
- Open to all abilities
- Open to all mediums – Photography, pencil drawing, painting, digital art, collage, mixed media…
- Your design must fit a standard 5 x 7-inch card. Ideally, we would like the design to be sent to us as this size. If you can not design your card in this format, please submit your design on a piece of A4 paper. Please do not create a design that is any bigger than A4.
- Your design can be landscape or portrait.
The design must include:
Our school name in the design. This must be in Arial font (if the design is digital). The text must be white if it is on a coloured background.
A Christmas greeting. Again, if the design is digitally produced, Arial font must be used. The text must be white if on a coloured background.
Other things to consider:
- Think about how you can include the Co-op values in your images/subjects/colours/graphics/text?
- Think about what makes us unique at Walkden? How can you connect our card to us and who WE are?
- Think about our community and the theme of the community at Christmas. How can you incorporate this into your graphics/images/ideas/colours/text?
How to submit your entry
- Submit as a JPEG (High res) or PDF (High Res) via Google Classroom
- If you do not study art/photography at Key Stage 4 but wish to submit an entry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for the entries is Wednesday 4th November 2020.