We expect all students to wear uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. Our policy regarding uniform is based upon the principle that it:
- promotes a sense of pride in the academy;
- promotes a sense of community and belonging towards the academy;
- is practical and smart;
- identifies the students with the academy;
- is fair and makes students feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance and reduces peer pressure to dress in ‘designer’ fashions;
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents/carers;
- can assist identification of strangers on school premises
All students are required to wear:
- Blazer with academy badge
- Academy year-coloured tie
- Black school trousers, worn with black socks
- A pleated skirt, worn with plain black tights or plain black or white socks. Skirts must be worn close to the knee and not rolled at the waist.
- White school shirt with top-button fastened
- Flat plain black school shoes. Trainers of all descriptions are expressly forbidden.
- Academy embroidered jumper (optional)
For PE days, all students are required to wear:
- Academy white polo shirt
- Plain black shorts, plain black tracksuit bottoms or plain black gym leggings
- Academy black hoody or team kits (optional).
We have updated our guidance on what tracksuit bottoms/leggings are and aren’t appropriate for students to wear for PE. Combat trouser-style joggers with thigh pockets are not acceptable to wear for PE.
Below are examples of students wearing excellent school uniform:
Where to buy our uniform
The majority of uniform items can be bought at supermarkets or hiigh-street shops. However, the academy blazer, tie and polo top can only be bought from our approved supplier.
19 Memorial Road, Worsley, Walkden
123-125 Chorley Road
0161 794 1396
Jewellery and Hairstyles
We will ask students to remove make-up that we think is excessive.
Jewellery is limited to a single pair of plain gold or silver stud earrings only. Studs should not have a stone in them. Anything other than plain gold or silver studs will be confiscated if seen.
Hair should be worn in a simple, neat style of natural colour (no unnatural colours or combinations e.g. blue, green, etc). Students should not have hair or eyebrow shavings or inappropriate headwear.
Other essential equipment
All students will need
- scientific calculator
- pencil case
- suitable bag with the capacity to hold A4 books.